Gams

Friday, February 12, 2016

DCWV: Valentine's Envelope Treat Sleeves

Happy Friday blog friends!  If you're making any Valentine's gifts for your sweeties this year - it's crunch time!  Lucky for you I'm sharing a sweet and easy to assemble treat idea.  The supplies are simple and the result is not only yummy but adorable.

 
The cuter the packaging, the sweeter the treat, right?!  I used DCWV's Envelope's DIY Project Stack to jump start my project.  I was thrilled to find a pattern for the treat sleeve in this stack.  I chose a pretty pink ombre, text, and black and white arrow pattern papers, to compliment the Valentine theme.


It's no secret that I love to bake, so I've filled my treat sleeves with a half dozen mini cookies.  If you're not a baker, or don't have time you could easily substitute conversation hearts, packaged chocolates or even store bought cookies.
 
 

I wanted to give my recipient a peek at what was inside the sleeve, so I cut a small circle-shaped window out of the front portion.  My cookies are enclosed in a clear bag, so while the window reveals a peek, the treats remain secure inside.


A simple bit of ribbon, stamped sentiment, punched heart and DCWV gem sticker finish off the design and presentation of my baked goodies.


I hope this post inspires you to whip up a little something for those you love and appreciate.  We gifted several of these to my kid's teachers and I'm saving a few more for my favorite GAL-entines!  Happy heart day!

No comments:

Post a Comment