Gams

Monday, October 19, 2015

Fall Cards & Neighbor Treat: NEW DCWV fall Stacks

Good Monday morning, friends!  I've been busy crafting up some seasonal projects that I'm excited to share with you.  DCWV has released some brand new fall themed stacks that are available at Joann's stores and online now, both in 12x12" and 6x6" sizes. 

The Harvest House stack is rich and autumnal and the scaled down patterns in the 6X6" stack were ideal for a card. 

Supplies used: DCWV The Harvest House 6X6 Stack and glitter cardstock; Just Nick Studio stems cut file; Maya Road decorative chipboard frame; Teresa Collins gold adhesive dots; American Crafts twine; Echo Park 'thanks' metal die; Silhouette
I fussy cut a couple of the leaf designs directly from the patterned papers and used my electronic diecutting machine and several of the more solid pattern designs to cut out some additional leaves.  Throw in some vellum, glitter and specialty papers and you've got a beautiful layered design. 

Stacking the leaves amongst each other creates lots of texture as well as a home for my diecut sentiment.

 
 
The Spooky Delights stack has loads of fun Halloween elements and icons that work for both cute and scary projects.  I couldn't resist fussy cutting this trio of festive creatures to adorn my Halloween greeting.
 

Supplies used: DCWV Spooky Delight 6x6 Stack and cardstock; Maya Road ribbon; American Crafts twine; Jillibean Soup enamel stars; foam adhesive.
To ground my scene, I cut out the "Happy Halloween" label, popped it up on foam adhesive and embellished it with some coordinating May Arts ribbon. The combination of elements makes for a fun and festive seasonal card.


I used the 6X6" stack on my card, so I wanted to try out the 12X12" stack of the same design, for another fun project.  This one is perfect to fill with treats and hang on an unsuspecting neighbor's door.

Supplies: DCWV Spooky Delight Stack; May Arts ribbon; October Afternoon buttons; Tombow Extreme adhesive; Other: black crepe paper and crochet thread.
To construct the cone, I used a  favorite 12x12 sheet from the stack.  I simply rolled the sturdy paper into a cone shape, trimmed along the top edge for a clean finish, and secured the paper onto itself with Tombow Extreme adhesive for a nice secure hold.
 
Now comes the really fun part - the embellishing!  I whipped up a simple crepe paper fringe to decorate the top of my cone and used some coordinating ribbon to make my 'hanger'.
 

I didn't have to look far for the remainder of my embellishing, either. The Spooky Delights stack includes lots of fun tags and elements that are perfect for fussy cutting.  A few of those fun and festive images strung onto my ribbon hanger and my project is nearly complete.  Last but certainly not least, it's ready to be stuffed full of candy and goodies!
 

I hope these projects inspire you to create something fun for the season!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment