Gams

Thursday, April 16, 2015

My 2 Boys: A Scrapbook Page & FREE cut file

I was thrilled to receive an email awhile back from the one and only Nicole Nowosad.  If you love scrapbooking, you probably already know who Nicole is.  She is a rock star designer and can do magic with patterned paper and her silhouette machine! Nicole designs a monthly FREE cut file for Scrapbook and Cards Today magazine (among various other crafty accolades!). She always designs an amazing layout, showing the cut file in action on the SCT blog and this month she asked me to share my take on designing with that cut file too.  Here's a look at the file she designed...
 
April 2015 freebie image
Isn't it great?  There are so many different ways and mediums with which this design could be used.  Here is the page that I designed...

Supplies used: Cardstock, thickers & cork hearts - American Crafts; Patterned Paper - Simple Stories, Pebbles; Wood veneers - Studio Calico; Stamps - Ali Edwards; Ink - Stampin' Up, Hero Arts; Epoxy embellishments - Jillibean Soup; Transparent die cut - Basic Grey; Tools - Silhouette, sewing machine.
I loved the punched circle cut file so much that I super sized it to make up the background of my scrapbook page.  I had fun filling in all of the circles with photos, journaling, patterned paper, stamping and lots of decorative elements to document my story.  

A pint sized version of the file was a fun way to fill in a few of the background circles too.  Cutting the smaller version of the file from white cardstock and laying it over top of a white background creates more of a textural effect.  I also made sure to arrange the circle backed circles into a visual triangle to help guide and direct the flow of the page. 

 
I reserved one of the large circles to hold both my title and journaling.  I had fun mixing and matching some Ali Edwards stamps to create the perfect title, that begins to tell my journaled story.
 

If you want to see the gorgeous page that Nicole designed using this cut file and download a copy for yourself.  Head on over to this post on the Scrapbook and Cards Today blog.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment