Gams

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Meeting Charlie: A Scrapbook Page

I showed a small peek of the page I'm sharing today on my instagram account awhile back.  I just couldn't resist sharing how I tucked a few sweet little elements into the back of the Bella pickup truck as my page came together.  Kinda fun, huh?  It was actually sort of a happy little accident.  I knew I wanted to include the baby gear but couldn't find a place for it where it wasn't floating on the page.  The truck bed ended up being the perfect solution!


I don't know what took me so long but I'm finally sharing the page in it's entirety, with you today!

Do you recognize this paper collection?  It's an oldie but goodie from Bella Blvd that I've used quite a bit, but still love and hoard!  I wanted to use many of the patterns included in this line, so cutting my patterned papers and sizing my photos to 3x4 allowed me to do so, while still fitting in four photos on this one page layout.


Supplies used: Bella Blvd - Patterned paper, stickers, chipboard shapes, washi tape, letter stickers; Doodlebug - enamel dots; Simple Stories - label stickers; Other: machine stitching, foam adhesive.
Here's another look at this cute little cluster of elements.  The truck and bottle were cut from patterned paper and the rattle is a coordinating chipboard sticker.  I added a little extra dimension to the truck's wheels with a couple of strategically place enamel dots.
 

I'm quite addicted to labels of every shape and size, as of late.  I love to use them to print bits of journaling, record the date or even stamp on.  This yellow one from the Staples Martha Stewart collection was the perfect size and length to include my subtitle.

Another label, this one from Simple Stories , provides a spot for some additional journaling.  I LOVE those large letter stickers from Bella Blvd.  Seriously, that font is just the cutest - I need it in every color!

 
Thanks for joining me today!  Happy crafting!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the baby gear in the back of the truck! What a great idea for a baby boy page. I will definitely be using this!!

    ReplyDelete