Gams

Saturday, April 18, 2015

4 July: A Scrapbook Page

Happy Saturday, crafty friends!  I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  Our weekend is jam packed with - baseball games, birthday parties, baseball practices, friends over to play, church, more baseball practices, and dinner with family.  Whew!  Fortunately, I have a couple of hours in between activities, so I thought I'd pop on here and share a page I finished up the other night.

I've been eyeing the Simple Stories Life Documented collection for some time.  And lucky for me, I finally got my hands on some from the Paper Issues store.  I didn't have any pictures in particular, in mind for scrapping with it, so I was pleased to discover just how well it would work with photos I had from the Fourth of July.


Supplies used: Simple Stories - patterned paper, diecut piece; Pink Paislee - patterned paper (ledger); Kerri Bradford - Line by Line & Travelogue stamps, cut file (July); DCWV - cardstock; Studio Calico - wood veneer stars; Stampin Up - ink; Other: foam adhesive, machine stitching, computer font.
Using that navy and white stripe as my background piece was a no brainer!  In addition, the grey polka dot pattern helps to tie in more colors from the photos, while the neutral wood grain and lined papers create a resting place for the eye and help to balance out the design.

The title was created with a free Kerri Bradford cut file and a diecut from the Life Documented bits & pieces pack.  The red bow was a last minute addition and I love the pop of color it gives to the page and the attention it draws to the title.

 
 
What first drew me to this collection were all the bits and labels included in the diecut pack.  I knew I would have lots of fun stamping and embellishing all those little labels to customize my page.  I used some brand new stamps from Kerri Bradford to dress up the labels and a couple of Stampin' Up inks to customize them to my page even further!
 

The labels look so fun all layered and stitched together.  Stacking and layering them helps create movement throughout the page and besides that, they're just plain FUN!

 
Thanks for visiting me today!  I hope you're enjoying your weekend and spending some time getting crafty!


No comments:

Post a Comment