Gams

Friday, February 27, 2015

Cheeri"Oh": A Scrapbook Page

Good morning, friends! I've been all over the place with the photos I've been scrapping lately.  Sometimes you just have to follow where the creative mood takes you though, huh?  This time around, my creative mojo had me digging through Emme's baby photos to find the perfect set to pair with this Simple Stories collection that I've been holding onto.  I think the two make a pretty sweet pair...


Supplies used: Simple Stories - patterned paper, diecut pieces; Bazzill cardstock; Silhouette;
American Crafts - wood button; Studio Calico - wood veneer
There are so many feminine and sweet patterns in this Simple Stories baby collection I had to be sure to find a way to include as many of them as possible.  I knew a sweet quilt-like design, alongside my photos, would accomplish my goal and also reinforce my overall theme.  The 'quilt squares' not only remind me of a snuggly baby blanket, but they also provide a nice home for additional diecut pieces and dimensional embellishments.


It's no secret that I tend to get a bit wordy when it comes to the journaling I include on my scrapbook pages.  By sizing my photos down and keeping most of the page design toward the top two-thirds of the page, I was able to secure a large space at the bottom for my journaling (or incessant rambling - whatever, you prefer to call it!?!).


Now unlike journaling, page titles are not my strong suit.  I usually go for the obvious when naming my pages.  In this case however, 'cute baby in highchair' didn't really feel right, so I decided to get a little more creative! I did a play on the word 'cheerio', since that is what my baby girl was feasting on in these pics.  Does it work?!?  I don't know that I'm convinced, but I do know that it's better than the first alternative ... ha!

 
Well, that's all I've got for today.  Thanks for stopping by for a visit! 
 
Oh, and one more thing....I mentioned in my last post but will do so again, in case you missed it - If you're on Instagram, I have an all new account @jaclynrenchstudio.  Once I reach one hundred followers, I'm giving away a $25 gift certificate to scrapbook.com!  There will most certainly be other random giveaways, as well.  So, I hope you'll come and check out my new account and follow me!
 
Wishing you a happy and crafty weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment