Gams

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

It's almost Halloween!

Good afternoon, crafters!  As you all know, we're midway through the month of October, which means that Halloween and all of the associated festivities are near or underway.  I, for once, feel somewhat prepared for the upcoming holiday.  One child's costume is purchased, another I'm in the process of DIYing, and the oldest - well, he'll probably throw something on at the last minute, anyway!?!

In the spirit of not being behind, I thought I'd share a couple of costumed adorned pages with you today!

This first one was fun to put together!  I loved strategically filling the negative circles of the graph lined paper with multiple patterned papers, stamped images, buttons, sequins, stickers, etc.  While there is a lot of color and embellishment on this page - the wide black cardstock border creates a nice frame for the page and resting place for the eye.


Supplies used: Bella Blvd - patterned paper, decorative tape, stickers, buttons; Doodlebug Designs - enamel dots, 3D sticker; American Crafts - cardstock, sequins; Pebbles - letter stickers; Studio Calico - stamp; Stampin Up - ink.
For the next page, you can see that I took inspiration for the placement of my photos and patterned papers, from the many project life style 3x4" designs on the market.  I layed my photos and patterns out in a simple grid design, spacing the two rows apart to leave room for my title.  How cute are they 'eyes' in the word spooky?!  To create them I simply punched 1" circle from white cardstock and adorned each one with a black sequin.  Simple, fun and totally cute!

Supplies used: Bella Blvd - patterned paper, decorative tape, stickers; Doodlebug Designs - enamel dots, gems, buttons; American Crafts - cardstock, sequins; Fiskars - circle punch; Stampin Up - border punch; Other - font, veteran typewriter (journaling), marmalletta & bebas nue (title).

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to continue the Halloween fun!  I've got some spooky little gift box ideas to  help you package up festive Halloween treats for friends and neighbors!
 
See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment