Gams

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Two-page Tuesday #1

Good morning!  I thought I'd pop in today and start a new feature I'm hopping to share regularly on the blog - Two-page Tuesdays! 

A lot of the inspiration we see in the scrapbooking world comes in the form of single page layouts.  I'll admit when it comes to making layouts I often default to the one page layout, as well.  Sometimes it's an issue of timing.  I'm a slow scrapper, so I'll go for a single 12x12 page because that, in itself, will take me several hours.  With that said, oftentimes a two pager is necessary to include all of the pictures of an event/memory.  It's fun for me to mix it up and I like the mix of pages in my albums.

Today's page features pictures of my son's baseball season and lots of Elle's Studio goodies.


Supplies used: Elle's Studio - patterned paper and diecut pieces; American Crafts - cardstock, baseball flair, and thicker chipboard letters; My Mind's Eye - enamel dots; Other - Veteran Typewriter font, machine stitching.

I typically like to work on the pages independent of one another.  Oftentimes, I will pick a focal point photo and make it the 'star' of one of the pages, as I did here.  I love this shot I captured of my boy looking back at me from the bench.  Using this single photo allowed me to included a lengthier title and lots of paper and diecut pieces. 

 
 
I'm all about layering, and I love the way the papers and pieces look all stacked together.  I ran several of the diecut  pieces through my printer to add journaling and spread it across both pages. Washi tape, machine stitching, foam adhesive, enamel dots and folding down the corners of some the of the pieces add lots of texture and interest - all ultimately leading your eye to the focal point photo.
 


Since I used a single photo on the first page, I sized down the rest of my photos on page two.  This allows for me to include more, of course, and tell the complete story.  The photos were all sized to 2x3's then I manually cropped them and arranged them until they formed a pleasing design.


More layers of diecut pieces, text, stitching and embellishment tie complete this side of the spread and tie it back to page one.


 
I hope this has given you a little peek into my design thought process, and ultimately provided you a little inspiration to put together your own two page layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment