Gams

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Time for Fireworks: A Bella Blvd Layout

Hello and Happy Fourth to all of my American friends and readers! I've got another Bella Blvd All American page to share with you today.  It was part of the Saturday Sketch feature on the blog a couple of weeks back.  This was the Becky Fleck sketch we were given to work from...

JuneSketch1

As I've probably already mentioned here once or twice, I'm often a bit of a rule follower.  So when working from a sketch I tend to gravitate toward a fairly literal translation.  For this page though, I think it's safe to say that I stepped out of my box a bit.  I took inspiration for the title, photo and journaling placement from the sketch, but otherwise took a bit of a different direction with the patterned paper, banner strips and tone on tone stars

Supplies used: Bella Blvd - All American: Borders and Cute Cuts, Seeing Stars, United We Stand, Alpha+Bits, Just Write Journaling Stickers; Ciao Chip: All American Icons; Designer Tape: Ice Stripe, Red Chevron, Chlorine Dot; Other: My Mind's Eye enamel dots, Studio Calico Mister Huey's mist, Simple Stories Snap label sticker.





I love that a sketch can be an exact guide to your page, or might even just provide you with a piece of inspiration to interpret your own way. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll be back soon with more crafty shares!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I tend to stick close to sketches when I use them. I love that you turned it, added the tone on tone stitched stars, and banner strips! This looks cool!

    ReplyDelete