Gams

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Making a big splash: A Pebbles Layout

The calendar says that tomorrow is the first official day of summer - woohoo!  Lucky for us though, it has felt like summer for a few weeks now!  To make our summer a bit more memorable and meaningful this year, we sat together as a family and created a 'summer bucket list'.  It's a list of activities (some fun, some learning) that we wanted to do together as a family.  We have already marked a number of items off that list - one of which includes: swimming!

At our house, we can't officially call it summer until we've taken that first dip in the swimming pool.  Whether that be our in our backyard kiddie pool, community pool or local water park.  So much time spent splashing in the water provides us with a wealth of pool time photos, by summer's end. 

I mixed and matched items from five different Pebbles collections, to create a bright, happy, summertime feel to this page.  This page is up on the Pebbles blog today along with another fun and bright layout by Emily!

Supplies used: Pebbles - Lakeside Journaling Cards (732245) Lakeside Gift Tags (732235) Lakeside Chips (732241) Love You More Chipboard Robin's Egg Thickers (732190) Love You More Blake (751420) Love You More Jacob (751423) Basics Clothes Pins (747205) Basics Aqua Mini Dot (751365) Party with Amy Locurto Tropical (751450) Party with Amy Locurto Shimmer (751436)Seen & Noted 6x6 Paper Pad (751323); Other: My Mind's Eye enamel dots, American Crafts cardstock, machine stitching, Veteran Typewriter font.


I had this page perfectly planned out in my head, in hopes that it would actually translate just as well when I put paper to glue.  To my surprise, it did - don't you love it when that happens?!?!  Specifically, I had the idea for the splashes surrounding the larger focal point photo.  I didn't have a diecut image that would work, so I free hand cut the droplets out of an array of turquoise colored Pebbles papers.  A few strategically placed enamel dots add a nice detail and more of a 'watery' effect.
 
I can't make a page without out the journaling, as you know!  This little story was one I don't want to forget - so glad I have it documented for my son's book now!  I accented my journaling square with a sun cut from patterned paper and embellished with a button and a sweet little tag from the Lakeside collection.  A small orange paperclip holds all that cuteness into place.
 
 
I'll be back tomorrow with a bit of a peek and maybe even a little giveaway!  I hope you'll join me then!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment