Gams

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Week of Layouts - Day SEVEN: And so it begins

I made it to the final day of my 'week of layouts' feature!  Can you believe your eyes?!  I can hardly believe it myself!  It has been fun sharing so many of my recently completed pages with you.

This last page is a new favorite.  I have loved and hoarded the polaroid paper from the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan collection for quite some time.  I finally got the urge to use it when I saw how the dreamy, pastel colors would perfectly highlight these photos from my mom's retirement celebration. 

I cut and arranged a variety of the polaroid shapes onto my background, leaving room in the bottom left corner for my focal point photo.  Then, I resized my other photos to fit inside a select few of the polaroids.

Supplies used: American Crafts - thickers letter stickers, patterned papers, diecuts, buttons; Bazzill - embossed cardstock; My Mind's Eye - enamel dots; Hero Arts - heart shaped pearls; SEI - silver flower; Tim Holtz - tiny attacher; EK Success - heart punch; Other - crochet thread, machine stitching, computer font - Veteran Typewriter.
Each little polaroid was like a mini canvas to decorate, journal on or embellish.  Here I've added some punched and sewn hearts, a banner sentiment and Dear Lizzy button.

 
I split my journaling up onto three of the polaroid pieces, to provide myself with more room to write, and to carried the readers eye throughout the page.  What's a scrapbook page of mine without a bow and more buttons!

 
This last little frame houses a ticket from the collection's diecut pack.  It has the perfect little sentiment to sit next to and accent the main photo.

 
Thanks for joining me for my week of layouts!  I hope you are all enjoying the weekend and find some time to do a little something crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment