Gams

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Week of Layouts - Day Four: Summer Memories

All week long on the Pebbles blog, the Design Team has been sharing projects with the new Lakeside collection. 

I probably say this every time Pebbles comes out with something new, but I think the Lakeside collection might be one of my all time favorites! Notably, that very statement is a bit ironic, because I would definitely not consider my family the type to have loads of camping or lake pictures (if any?!???). That just goes to show how very versatile the collection is and that it has elements that just about any scrapper could use. 

I loved all of the summer themed pieces in the line and the fact that they coordinated just great with this photo of my son frolicking in our backyard pool.

Supplies used: Pebbles - Lakeside Summer Camp (751465) Lakeside 6x6 Paper Pad (751473) Lakeside Phrase Stickers (732248) Lakeside Accent Stickers (732249) Lakeside Journaling Cards (732245) Lakeside Gift Tags (732235) Lakeside Chips (732241) Other: Studio Calico wood veneer hearts & journal card, My Mind's Eye enamel dots, Tim Holtz mini paperclip, Fonts - Hootie & Veteran Typewriter.
The gift tags were an instant favorite for me!  I love the brown string that is attached to each one.  But be forewarned, if you try to trim it any shorter it will unravel - I learned the hard way!  DOH! 

The 'summer memories' chipboard arrow not only serves at an embellishment, but as my page title too.  I added one of the new Studio Calico wood veneer hearts on top of it with a glue dot.  Because the colors of the two embellishments are so very close, it creates some fun but subtle texture.


All of the papers I used on this page, other than the background piece, were from the 6x6 paper pad.  I simply pulled them out of the pad and layered them onto my background with hardly any trimming. I added my journaling with an older Studio Calico journaling card and stitched it onto the coral patterned paper to attach it.


I'm not kidding when I say that this page practically scrapped itself! All of the elements in the collection work so seamlessly together!  I can't wait to make many more projects with this line.
 
Thanks for joining me for day four of my 'week of layouts'!  I'll be back tomorrow with, you guessed...another layout!  See you then!



No comments:

Post a Comment