Gams

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December Inspiration: Bella Blvd Layout

Have you stopped over at the Bella Blvd blog today?  If not, then you should definitely hop on over and take a peek.  Myself, along with two other designers have created scrapbook pages inspired by this lovely holiday image:
 
 
December_InspirationDay1
 
 
So many elements from the inspiration image inspired me while putting together my layout. Most notably, of course, is the similarity in color scheme. I rummaged through my stash of Bella pulling items that were primarily green, brown and red, later adding in touches of sparkle and glitter.   I should also note, that while the Christmas Wishes line tops my list of Bella favorites, there is not one stitch of it on this page. That just goes to show you, that you don't always have to turn to holiday themed products to create a very holiday look and feel to your page!
 
Bella Blvd supplies used: Thankful: Burlap, Bountiful; Birthday Girl, Party Dress; Sophisticates: Petite Pieces, Tall Tags; Green High Five Alphabets, Brown-Cream High Five Alphabets; Ciao Chip: Trees, Stars & Hearts; Designer Tapes: Pony Dot; Button Market: Red Flowers, Stars, Checkers, Blues; Stick Pin Flags, Home Sweet Home; Miniatures Stickers, Family; Other supplies used: Martha Stewart snowflake punch, American Crafts cardstock (white) and foam adhesive, Queen & Co adhesive pearls, Bazzill cardstock (brown), Stampendous glittery embossing powder, crochet thread, machine stitching, computer font - Veteran Typewriter.
I adore this Martha Stewart snowflake punch.  It has been showing up on LOTS of my crafty projects lately.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but I glittered the edges of the snowflakes for a little extra fun. I love how they look topped with a big, chunky button, too!


The Designer Tape 'fringe' I created along the right edge of the page, was my attempt at referencing the texture and dimension of the pretty pine cones.


The shiny, round Christmas bulbs encouraged me to incorporate a circular design element onto the page, which in turn, provided a great spot to highlight many of the page embellishments.

 
I should also note, that while the Christmas Wishes line tops my list of Bella favorites, there is not one stitch of it on this page. That just goes to show you, that you don't always have to turn to holiday themed products to create a very holiday look and feel to your page!
 
That's it for tonight!  I'm off to get a jump start on designing my family's Christmas card.  Yeah, I'm getting started a little late, but I'm planning to keep it super simple!  Thanks for stopping by!
 

2 comments:

  1. looks awesome! love the vellum- i actually broke into my stash this weekend and used on 2 layouts myself. I love breaking into my stash and using it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page. Love the cut out circles... and your stitching.

    ReplyDelete