Gams

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December Daily cover and foundation pages

I have been promising pictures of my December Daily for awhile now.  So, wait no more - I am finally sharing!!!  I actually had these all set to go at the end of last week, BEFORE December AND even posted them to the gallery at Two Peas (where I was the 'featured project'(!!!) on Friday - come here to check me out).  However, I didn't make it back to the blog before we headed out of town for a busy weekend.
 
But enough with the excuses...  Here is the fun stuff!  In an effort to actually get these pictures posted and this entry out of 'draft' form, I won't bore you with lots of text, but if you do have any questions about something I used or did, be sure to leave me a note in the comments.
 
Here is my pretty little tray that I've set up to leave out on my desk during the month of December.  I've filled it with all sorts of bits and baubles, tags and tapes and lots of other miscellaneous holiday items that may come in handy during the month.

 
And here is a look at the cover of the album.  I'm using an October Afternoon Here and Now chipboard album for the base.  I believe this particular one was part of the 9 to 5 collection, but I can't find it on their website.  As you look through the album you'll see that I'm planning to use the lined notebook style pages that came with it, but mixing in patterned papers (mostly from October Afternoon's Holiday Style collection from winter 2011) here and there, as well.





Here is the inside cover.  I plan to add some text to the right hand side describing the idea and theme of the album. 


The following images show some of the decorative details I've added as a starting point. 








To label the days throughout the month, I've pre-stamped these sweet little Martha Stewart scalloped tags.  I used an Ali Edwards Technique Tuesday stamp set (I believe it's the December Daily one from 2011), to stamp the numbers, month and circular label.  These tags will get sewn into the album, as I go.

 
I am happy to report, that as of this morning, I have officially updated my album through day 4!  Don't know that I always be this caught up, but I'll enjoy the fleeting feeling of accomplishment, while it lasts!  When I get a chance, I'll be back to show what the completed pages in my album look like.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment