Gams

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pebbles, "Be Grateful": A Layout Share

Happy Thanksgiving week to all my US readers!  I simply can't believe this holiday is already upon us, though I do think it came a bit early this year!  I just dropped my little guy off at preschool for his Thanksgiving feast.  A feast of cheese, crackers, muffins, grapes and milk -- not sure that's exactly what the pilgrims were serving up on this occasion! LOL! ;)  The kids are sure to be happy with that menu, though!

I'm up over on the Pebbles blog today.  All week long in honor of Thanksgiving, they are featuring layouts, cards and projects that have an "I'm Grateful for..." theme.  When I count upon my gratitudes, my children are, of course, at the top of my list.  So, this assignment gave me a great 'excuse' to document those things that I'm thankful for about each individual child. 

I went through my recent photos and selected a favorite of each of my three kiddos and converted them to black and white.  Then I pulled out my beautiful stash of Pebbles Walnut Grove, typed up a little list of gratitudes specifically pertaining to each child and got my craft on!  Here is the end result:


Pebbles supplies used: Walnut Grove Harriet (751294), Walnut Grove Caroline (751295), Walnut Grove Charles (751296), Walnut Grove Nellie (751297), Walnut Grove Nancy (751298), Walnut Grove James (751301), Walnut Grove Eliza Jane (751304), Walnut Grove Carrie (751302), Walnut Grove Corrugated Black Thickers (732134), Walnut Grove Accent and Phrase Stickers (732119), Walnut Grove Dimensional Stickers (732118), Walnut Grove Mini ABC Stickers (732121), Seen & Noted Journaling Cards (747194), Seen & Noted Library Cards and Pockets (747192), Coordinating Cardstock Surf (71508); Other: American Crafts twine, My Mind's Eye buttons, Making Memories button.
I love, love, love the mixture of florals, colors and patterns in this collection.  While it contains many feminine details, there are just enough masculine patterns and colors that it works just great for boy pages, as well.  Look at all of this yummy color in one little detail shot!  I snuck in a few Seen & Noted Journaling cards onto the page to add some additional text detail, and in this case, an extension of the title.


Aren't these dimensional flowers sweet?  I love how they look topped with a button!


More flowers and a pretty little butterfly that I topped with a stick pin and some twine.


A closer look at the journaling - love notes to my babies!

 
Thanks for stopping by, friends!  I'll be back tomorrow with another fun fall page, this time using Bella Blvd!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment