Gams

Friday, November 30, 2012

On a card kick...


Are you the type of crafter that has to completely clean up your workspace in between projects?  I must say, I resemble that description!  I love to have a fresh start with each new card/page I begin on.  Oftentimes when cleaning up my creative mess, I'm left with bits and pieces that I'm not sure how to store.  And even better, those bits and pieces are often already coordinated, as I had or was planning to use them all on the prior project.  So, what is a girl to do?  Craft up some quick and easy cards, of course! Here's a few recent cards I whipped up while in the process of cleaning up my workspace.

This first card was made with Doodlebug's baby boy line.  I can't get enough of the sweet little elephant sticker - I'm sad there was only ONE of him on the whole entire sticker sheet. :( Boo!  Good thing I have the girl version too! 

Since I know a sweet little guy who is about to turn one and also happens to have a nursery decorated in elephants, I knew I had to make him a birthday card with my beloved little sticker.  Don't you love the multicolored scallop?  That is actually a dot paper from the collection that I fussy cut to achieve a scallop border.

Supplies used: Doodlebug patterned paper, stickers (stars and elephant); Paper Studio embossing folder, Tim Holtz mini attacher;  Jillibean stamp, Colorbox ink, Other: crochet thread and toothpick
This next card is all Doodlebug again.  This time mostly from their Christmas collection from 2011.  Yep, more scallops going on here as well.  I can't help my self!  Seriously, someone needs to hide the scallop punch from me - I have a problem!  LOL!  This scallop border is actually a diecut from one of the Doodlebug cute cut sheets.  The colors didn't work for this card, so I just flipped it to the back side to use the white.  You'd never know otherwise, would you?


Supplies used: Doodlebug patterned paper, gems, Boutique button, and scalloped edge diecut Pebbles ribbon; Other: crochet thread and foam adhesive.
You can never have enough birthday cards on hand, can you?  To keep myself from having to put together a crafted greeting (because that's what everyone expects from me now!) five minutes before we walk out the door to the party, I've tried to stock up on crafting bday cards when I can.  I like to think that this one can work for either a male or female.

Supplies used: Bella Blvd patterned paper and stick pin flag; Bazzill cardstock; Doodlebug Boutique button; Other: crochet thread.
And finally, because I'm loving playing with Bella's latest Kiss Me collection, here's a lovey-dovey card.  Oh yes, and more scallop borders...  See, I told you, it's a problem!

Supplies used: Bella Blvd patterned paper, 'I love you' chipboard phrase, and flower button, Martha Steward ribbon, Stampin' Up scallop border punch, Other: crochet thread.


Well, I better sign off while my baby girl is still napping and go snap some pics of my December Daily, as promised.  Be back soon to share!
 

1 comment:

  1. adorable cards Jaclyn, really adore the woodgrain on the first one!

    ReplyDelete