Gams

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Fall Fun, Bella Blvd: A Layout Share

When it comes to trends in the scrapbooking world (or otherwise!), it seems I'm often a little late to show up to the party!  That doesn't mean I shy away from them or won't eventually try them out, but usually I have to ponder them a bit and figure out how they work into my own personal style. 

As I'm sure you've noticed, polaroids have been popping up everywhere in the scrapbooking world - on patterned papers, journal cards and even little mini replicas that allow you to slide in and customize your already printed photos. 

I decided to give this trend a try on a fall themed page I made for Bella Blvd.  I simply cut my 'polaroid' frames out of white cardstock and mounted my photos on the underside of the frame, to make them look even more realistic. 


Bella Blvd supplies used: Thankful: Burlap, Turkey Tracks, Homey, Cute Cuts, Alpha+Bits Stickers; Blue High Five Alphabets, Gulf High Five Alphabets; Ciao Chip: Thankful, Birthday Boy, Finally Fall, Baby Boy; Designer Tapes: Yellow Chevron; Button Market: Merlot Flowers, Gulf Squares, Fruit Punch; Other: American Crafts Cardstock and twine, computer font, machine stitching

As you can see, I set aside a couple of the frames for my title/journaling and embellishment.

 
I love all of the colorful leaf images from the Thankful collection!  I fussy cut some from the Cute Cuts sheet and stitched them down the center for added depth and dimension.

 
Snuck in some more machine stitching detail, sewn on buttons, and a few strips of Designer tape to make the polaroids look as if they are randomly taped to the background.

 
Thanks for stopping by today!  I'm heading out tomorrow to enjoy a few days of the holiday with my family.  Be back with more crafty shares very soon!
 

1 comment:

  1. this is so super cute! i am totally addicted to the poloraid look right now!

    ReplyDelete