Gams

Friday, November 2, 2012

Birthday Boy - A Layout Share

Happy Friday, everyone!  Hope you're enjoying a fun start to the weekend.  I just got the kiddos tucked into bed myself.  Now the decision is whether or not to retire to the couch and space out in front of the TV or do a little scrapping.  Problem is, my craft desk is a disaster and would likely require a cleaning prior to any actual scrapping.  You see where this is going, don't you?! ;)
 
Before I turn into a complete waste for the night, I thought I'd hop on here and share a page that was featured over on the Bella blog this week.  You can see the post here and all of the other pretty pages that were featured, as well.  I dug into my stash of Bella Birthday Boy goodies to complete this celebratory page:
 
Supplies used: Birthday Boy: About a Boy, Eat Cake, Borders, Alpha+Bits Stickers, Chipboard Icons; All Inclusive: Bookin' on the Beach; Designer Tapes: Gulf Dot; Button Market: Stars, Orange Stars, Outdoors; Flags: Birthday Boy 1
 
 
I love finding new ways to include and use the Designer Tapes.  On this page, I decide to create a pleated ruffle alongside some other border pieces.  I think the torn edge at the end lends well to the masculine feel of the page.




Whether my hubby likes it or not, I had to include his age and did so by tucking under the edge of the large focal circle.  Couldn't resist adding a wee bit of stitching, as well.

 
 
By the way, if you are anxious to get your hands on Bella's new Kiss Me collection, you'll be happy to know that it's now on it's way to scrapbook retailers.  Check with your local store to see if they are carrying it.  I have been having SO.MUCH.FUN with this darling collection.  In fact, I'll have a new page to share next week with it. Stay tuned!
 
 
 
Help spread the word!
 
Thanks, as always, for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment