Gams

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Star Spangled Sweetie - A Layout Share

Happy Weekend, everyone!  It's a very happy weekend here in the Rench household, as we spent the day with family, noshing on snacks and cheering on our Ohio State Buckeyes to a WIN!  Any other Buckeye fans out there that caught the game?  The one thing I can say about that team, is they sure like to keep thing interesting!  So fun to see them pull off the win, tho!

But let's be honest, you are not here for the 'sports talk' and honestly, that's about as sporty as I get! LOL!  Onto the craftiness...

When I was recently printing and reorganizing some of my digital photos, I ran across this page that I had never shared on the blog.  It is one of my favorite pages, featuring some favorite photos of baby girl in one of my favorite dresses of hers!  This page was also part of my entry for my Pebbles design team application, so that of course, makes it a favorite as well!

Supplies used:  Pebbles Let Freedom Ring collection patterned papers - Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson and dimensional stickers, Pebbles Hip Hip Hooray You're Invited patterned paper, Dienamics 'label shaped' die, Stampin Up' Studio alpha die, Jillibean Soup kraft tags, Doodlebug Designs alpha sticker letters and glitter, Other: scallop border punch, chipboard stars, sequins, vellum, string, wooden button.

The journaling says it all!  Shopping for girl clothes, after having two boys, has made it all the more fun.  But I'm not sure who's enjoyed it more myself or my mom!  I love the way the journaling looks printed across these three label dies.  In fact, I have another project to share soon where I've mimiced this same technique.  Why mess with a good thing?! ;)


 
I attempted my version of the confetti craze on this page, as well.  I tucked varying sizes of small punched patterned paper circles and sequins underneath a layer of vellum and the negative cut star shape.  The stitching around the outer edge of the stars is both decorative and useful, since it also creates a barrier to keep the confetti from escaping.

 
I mixed some diecut letters and sticker alphabets for the title.  And of course, sprinkled in a few more stars and sequins to pull the whole page together.

 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  I'll be back soon with more to share! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment