Gams

Friday, April 27, 2012

Jillibean April sketch and button challenge

This is my second post for the day, so if you're just stopping by, make sure you continue to scroll down!  Two in one day - pretty crazy, huh?  I just have so many new projects that I want to share, I simply couldn't help myself!

This first page is based upon the sketch challenge for the month of April, that Jillibean Soup hosts on their blog each month.  I tried to copy and paste the sketch here for you to see, but for some reason, I couldn't get it to format properly.  If you are interested in the original sketch, however, click here for the original blog post about it.  I used up lots of Spotted Owl Soup goodies on this page.  I don't think the color scheme of this birthday themed line, could have been any more perfect for the pictures of my birthday boy, don't you agree?


Supplies used: Bazzill Cardstock, Jillibean Soup's Spotted Owl Soup collection papers: 3 Dancing Hats, 5 Totally Fun Tunes, 2 Cups of Confetti,  and the coordinating cardstock stickers, Embellishments: Doodlebug  Boutique Buttons, Jillibean Bean Stalks twine, Target dotted tape, Stamps: Doodlebug/Hampton Art Birthday stamps, Other: foam adhesive, machine stitching, computer font, colored pencils, gamsol, chipboard photo corners
 I loved the letter stickers that coordinated with this collection, but I was worried if I used them alone, they would get a bit lost on that blue and white small polka dotted background paper.  So, to give them a bit more dimension and emphasis, I layered and slightly offset them over top the same set of letter stickers in a coordinating blue color.  I love how this simple trick gives the title a great appearance on the page.  The stamped and colored presents are just another fun touch to the title, and enforce the them of the page.

 


I printed the journaling on a banner dividing the photos on the page, and added some additional embellishment to it with baker's twine and stickers.

 

Along with their sketch challenge this month, Jillibean also issued a challenge on their blog to use buttons.  Considering the fact that I can't seem to call a project complete without adding at least one button on it somewhere, I couldn't help but participate in this one, as well.  I dipped into my stash of Coconut Lime Soup papers for this page, and created a rainbow of embellished hearts along the left side. 

This is a new favorite photo of me and my little man! ;)

Supplies used: Jillibean Soup Coconut Lime Soup collection papers: Bite Size Bits, Straw Mushrooms, Kaffir Lime Leaves, Chile Paste, Coconut Milk, Cumin, Jillibean's Neopolitan Bean Bisque Soup collection papers: Parmesan Cheese Curls,  Jillibean's Sweet and Sour Soup collection paper: Shredded Cabbage; Embellishments: Jillibean decorative stick pin, Bean Stalks baker's twine, Coconut Lime epoxy woodgrain buttons, Alphabeans letter stickers, Happy Birthday Soup labels, Other: machine stitching, embroidery floss, computer font

I loved the saying on this little label that I cut from the 'Bite Size Bits' paper.  To put the emphasis on the sun, I stitched along the rays and cut one of the woodgrain epoxy buttons in half to mimic its center.



The journaling was printed on an older Jillibean diecut that I had leftover from the 'Dutch Mustard' collection.  Since I wanted to keep the design clean and organized with all of the different patterns and colors going on, I tucked my journaling card behind my photo, just letting the top edge of it peek out.  You can see in this picture, I used another of the large epoxy buttons on the yellow heart and again, cut right through it to maintain the shape and curve of the heart.



Thanks for letting me share all of the fun I've been having with my Jillibean stash!  See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment